Saturday, May 3, 2008

Free Choice #1

Broken Kneecap

It was just another day with my friends just skateboarding around the city and just having fun listening to music and fooling around. The day was beautiful and we wanted to get some footage for a skate video we were making. Well we just couldn't find the right spot to go even though we had already had some good footage. We wanted to go bigger and we had eventually found this spot. It was about eight feet high with a long grass gap that you had to clear as it dropped. Well I was the first to try it and I rolled up a couple of times but just got a funny feeling every time so I kept going back and rolling up again. The landing was a bit rocky but could've been avoided or at least I thought. I got sick of just rolling up and then not actually going for it. I finally went for it after about five times and as i ollied it, I just didn't feel right and it was too late to bail out. I ended up with only getting my front foot on the board and driving my left kneecap into this rocky ground while the front foot was still on the board rolling. I had a huge gash in my kneecap but I figured it was just another wipe out so I wrapped it and we headed to my house so i could clean it up and go back out. I got to my house and my mother saw it and tried to not let me go back out but i insisted that i was fine. Well when we went back out i now found that I wasn't fine. I went to do another gap and when I ollied my kneecap popped and I instantly fell to the ground. The pain was indescribable and we now headed back home again. Turns out I broke my kneecap in half and to this very day its still broken in some ways and I can feel pain in it every now and then. That particular accident makes me think more every time I go big.

No comments: